Custom cDNA Cloning for Phosphorylation ResearchINQUIRY
Creative BioMart provides integrated custom cDNA cloning services to enable customers around the world to more easily accelerate the process of kinase/phosphatase biology research and pharmaceutical development.
Applications of cDNA Cloning in Kinase/Phosphatase Biology
Complementary DNA (cDNA) is often used to clone eukaryotic genes in prokaryotes. cDNA cloning generally refers to the process of isolating and amplifying the cDNA of interest. In many molecular biology workflows, the synthesis of cDNA from RNA templates via reverse transcription is always the first step, which makes cDNA cloning one of the fundamental technologies in molecular biology. The transfer of cDNA encoding the protein of interest to the recipient cells allows the heterologous expression of proteins in high quantities. Most of our knowledge about transcripts and proteins is also derived from the preparation of cDNA libraries.
Phosphorylation is a ubiquitous cellular regulatory mechanism. Proteins are phosphorylated and dephosphorylated in a highly regulated manner within the cells. Protein phosphorylation and dephosphorylation mediates signal transduction during development, transcription, cell division, protein translation, immune response, metabolism, and survival. Kinases catalyze the addition while phosphatases catalyze the removal of phosphate groups from proteins. The continuous development of cDNA cloning technologies is fundamental to understanding genetic information. cDNA cloning is the basis for the discovery and characterization of new kinase/phosphatase families and further functional analysis studies.
Figure 1. Kinase Cloning. (Varjosalo M, et al., 2008)
Common cDNA Cloning Strategies
Our Service Options
Custom any cDNA clone into vector of your choice.
|Species||Bacteria, yeast, insect, wheat germ, human, mouse, rat, rabbit, rhesus, cynomolgus, canine, ferret, zebrafish, virus, etc.|
|Tags||Fluorescent tags (e.g., eGFP, eYFP, eCFP, mCherry)
Solubility and purification tags (e.g., His, GST, MBP, Flag, SUMO)
Antibody immunoprecipitation tags (e.g., HA)
|Promoters||CMV, TK, etc.|
|Selectable Markers||Puromycin, neomycin, etc.|
|cDNA Libraries||Standard cDNA Library, full-length cDNA library, normalized cDNA library, subtractive cDNA library, SSH cDNA library, yeast two-hybrid cDNA library, etc.|
Features and Benefits
- Quality assurance – Under strict quality control, the sequence of each cDNA clone is confirmed
- Expertise – A professional team of molecular biologists with extensive experience.
- Flexibility – Customized services meet customers’ needs.
- Comprehensive – Wide range of choices for different purposes and downstream applications.
- Fast turnaround time – High-quality cDNA clones produced in a short amount of time to fulfill requests quickly.
- Economical pricing – Discounts for large amount orders and no hidden charges.
Creative BioMart has always been committed to providing customers with high-quality products and services. All cDNA clones were verified by sequencing to ensure the quality. Take advantage of our expertise to receive the custom cDNA clones you need. We also offer a large collection of ready-to-use cDNA clones to help our customers save precious time.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information. We sincerely look forward to further cooperation.
- Varjosalo M, et al. Application of active and kinase-deficient kinome collection for identification of kinases regulating hedgehog signaling. Cell, 2008, 133(3): 537-548.
- Harbers M. The current status of cDNA cloning. Genomics, 2008, 91(3): 232-242.