Custom ORF Cloning for Phosphorylation ResearchINQUIRY
Creative BioMart provides integrated custom ORF cloning services to enable customers around the world to more easily accelerate the process of kinase/phosphatase biology research and pharmaceutical development.
Applications of ORF Cloning in Kinase/Phosphatase Biology
A full-length Open Reading Frame (ORF) clone is a plasmid containing a DNA insert that encodes a full-length protein. ORF clones contain only the protein-coding sequence of a full-length gene (or cDNA) from the start codon to stop codon but do not contain 5' and 3' end untranslated regions (UTRs) or introns. ORF cloning is a commonly-used technique for target gene expression analysis and the functional study of genes and proteins.
Kinases and phosphatases play a key role in the phosphorylation of nucleosides, proteins, lipids, sugars, and other cellular metabolites. Protein phosphorylation is an important cellular regulatory mechanism. Abnormal phosphorylation is a cause or consequence of many diseases. Mutations in particular protein kinases and phosphatases give rise to a number of disorders. ORF cloning is the basis of identifying kinase and phosphatase gene families and can facilitate the functional analysis of these gene families and subsequent biochemical and structural studies.
Figure 1. Flowchart of the yeast genetic interaction screen. (Kim J H, et al., 2020)
Common ORF Cloning Strategies
Our Service Options
A large collection of ORF clones with genome-wide coverage for multiple species. Custom any ORF clone into vector of your choice. Creative BioMart also offers ORFeome collaboration clones.
|Species||Bacteria, yeast, insect, wheat germ cell-free, human, mouse, rat, rabbit, rhesus, cynomolgus, canine, ferret, zebrafish, virus, etc.|
|Tags||Fluorescent tags (e.g., eGFP, eYFP, eCFP, mCherry)
Solubility and purification tags (e.g., His, GST, MBP, Flag, SUMO)
Antibody immunoprecipitation tags (e.g., HA, cMyc)
|Promoters||CMV, TK, etc.|
|Expression Systems||Bacteria, insect cells, mammalian cells, yeast, cell-free system, etc.|
|Selectable Markers||Puromycin, neomycin, etc.|
What We Deliver
ORF clones will be shipped as an E. coli glycerol stock on dry ice. Please store at -80°C immediately after receiving.
Features and Benefits
- Quality assurance – Under strict quality control, the sequence of each ORF clone is confirmed
- Expertise – A professional team of molecular biologists with extensive experience.
- Flexibility – Customized services meet customers' needs.
- Comprehensive – Wide range of choices for different purposes and downstream applications.
- Fast turnaround time – High-quality ORF clones produced in a short amount of time to fulfill requests quickly.
- Economical pricing – Discounts for large amount orders and no hidden charges.
Creative BioMart has always been committed to providing customers with high-quality products and services. All ORF clones were verified by sequencing to ensure quality. Take advantage of our expertise to receive the custom ORF clones you need. We also offer a large collection of expression-ready ORF clones to help our customers save precious time by moving directly to the expression and protein analysis steps of their workflow.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information. We sincerely look forward to further cooperation.
- Kim J H, et al. Yeast-based genetic interaction analysis of human kinome. Cells, 2020, 9(5): 1156.
- I Park J, et al. Building a human kinase gene repository: bioinformatics, molecular cloning, and functional validation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2005, 102(23): 8114-8119.